Dr. Sami Rizkalla, P. Eng.
Director of CFL
Distinguished Professor of Civil Engineering and Construction
Dr. Rizkalla's research includes design, construction and performance of reinforced and prestressed concrete structures and bridges. For the last ten years, his attention has been focused on the use of fiber reinforced polymer (FRP) materials for rehabilitation, strengthening and repair of bridges and structures, as well as new construction.
Representative Research Projects:
- Use of FRP for flexural and shear strengthening of concrete and wood structures and bridges;
- Reinforced and prestressed concrete-filled FRP tubes for piles;
- Development of FRP bridge deck;
- Use of FRP as reinforcement for concrete structures; and
- Use of optic fiber sensor techniques for monitoring the structural health of structures and bridges.
North Carolina State University
Constructed Facilities Laboratory
Campus Box 7533
2414 Campus Shore Drive
Raleigh, NC 27695-7533
Office: 203 Constructed Facilities Laboratory
Phone: (919) 513-1733
Fax: (919) 513-1765
Departmental Website: http://www.ce.ncsu.edu/faculty/rizkalla/
Personal Website: http://www.ce.ncsu.edu/srizkal/