Journal Articles(Peer reviewed),Book Chapters,Published Datasets,Conference Papers and Abstracts(Selected), Research Reports
Journal Articles (Peer reviewed)
- Sinha, T. and A. Sankarasubramanian, Role of Climate Forecasts and Initial Land-Surface Conditions in Developing Operational Streamflow and Soil Moisture Forecasts in a Rainfall-Runoff Regime: Skill AssessmentHydrology and Earth System Sciences, 17, 721-733 (doi: 10.1175/JHM-D-11-0128.1), 2013.(pdf)
- Wang, H., A. Sankarasubramanian and R.S.Ranjithan, Integration of Climate and Weather Information for Improving 15-day Ahead Accumulated Precipitation Forecasts,Journal of Hydrometeorology, 14 (1), 186-202 (doi: 10.1175/JHM-D-11-0128.1), 2013.(pdf)
- Almanaseer, N., A. Sankarasubramanian and J.Bales, Improving Groundwater Predictions utilizing Seasonal Precipitation Forecasts from GCMs forced with SST Forecasts,Journal of Hydrological Engineering, in press, 2013.(pdf)
- Li, W., and A. Sankarasubramanian Reducing Hydrologic Model Uncertainty in Monthly Streamflow Predictions using Multimodel Combination,Water Resources Research, 48, W12516, doi:10.1029/2011WR011380, 2012.(pdf)
- Petersen, T.,N.Devineni and A. Sankarasubramanian, Seasonality of Monthly Runoff over the Continental United States: Causality and Relations to Mean Annual and Mean Monthly Distributions of Moisture and Energy,Journal of Hydrology,468-469 ,pp.139-150, 2012.(pdf)
- Oh, J., and A. Sankarasubramanian, Climate, Streamflow and Water Quality Interactions over the Southeastern US,Hydrology and Earth System Sciences, 17, 2285-2298, 2012.(pdf)
- Almanaseer, N., and A. Sankarasubramanian, Role of Climatic Variability in Influencing Interannual Groundwater Variability over Southeast US,Journal of Hydrological Engineering, 17(9), 1001-1010, 2012.(pdf)
- Liu, L., A. Sankarasubramanian, and S. Ranjithan, Logistic Regression Analysis to Estimate Contaminant Sources in Water Distribution Systems,Journal of Hydroinformatics, 13(3), 545-547, 2011.(pdf)
- Devineni, N. and A. Sankarasubramanian, Improved Categorical Winter Precipitation Forecasts through Multimodel Combinations of Coupled GCMs,Geophysical Research Letters,37, L24704, doi:10.1029/2010GL044989, 2010.(pdf)
- Devineni, N. and A. Sankarasubramanian, Improving the Prediction of Winter Precipitation and Temperature over the Continental United
States: Role of ENSO State in Developing Multimodel Combinations,Monthly Weather Review,138(6), 2447-2468, 2010.(pdf)
- Sankarasubramanian, A., U. Lall, F.D.Souza Filho, A.Sharma,Improved Water Allocation utilizing Probabilistic Climate Forecasts: Short Term Water Contracts in a Risk Management Framework,Water Resources Research, 45, W11409, doi:10.1029/2009WR007821, 2009.(pdf)
- Sankarasubramanian, A., U. Lall, N.Devineni and S. Espunevea,Utility of Operational Streamflow Forecasts in Improving within-season Reservoir Operation,Journal of Applied Climatology & Meteorology,48(7), 1464–1482, 2009.(pdf)
- Golembesky, K., A.Sankarasubramanian and N. Devineni,Improved Drought Management of Falls Lake Reservoir: Role
of Multimodel Streamflow Forecasts in Setting up Restrictions,Journal of Water Resources Planning and
Management,135(3), 188-197, 2009.(pdf)
- Choudhury, P., and A.Sankarasubramanian, River Flood Forecasting Using Complementary Muskingum Rating
Equations, Journal of Hydrologic Engineering, 14(7), 745-751,2009.(pdf)
- Vankalaya, P., A. Sankarasubramanian, S.R.Ranjithan, and G.Mahinthakumar , Contaminant Source Identification in Water Distribution Networks under the conditions of Uncertainty, Environmental Forensics , 10(3), 253-263 ,2009.(pdf)
- Devineni,N., A.Sankarasubramanian, and S.Ghosh,Multi-model Ensembling of Probabilistic Streamflow Forecasts:
Role of Predictor State Space in skill evaluation,Water Resources Research,44, W09404,
- Sankarasubramanian, A., U.Lall, and S.Espuneva, Role of Retrospective Forecasts of GCM Forced with Persisted SST anomalies in Operational Streamflow Forecasts Development,Journal of Hydrometeorology,9(2), 212-227, 2008.(pdf)
- Broad, K., A.Pfaff, R.Taddei, A.Sankarasubramanian and U.Lall,Climate, Streamflow Prediction and Water Management in North East Brazil,Climatic Change, DOI 10.1007/s10584-007-9257-0, 2007.(pdf)
- Matalas,N.C.,and A.Sankarasubramanian,Effect of Persistence on Trend Detection via Regression,Water Resources Research,39(12),art.no.1342,2003.(pdf)
- Vogel,R.M.,and A.Sankarasubramanian,The Validation of a Watershed Model without Calibration,Water Resources Research,39(10),art.no.1292,2003.(pdf)
- Sankarasubramanian,A.and U.Lall,Flood Quantiles and Changing Climate:Seasonal forecasts and causal relations,Water Resources Research,39(5),art.no.1134,2003.(pdf)
- Sankarasubramanian,A. and R.M.Vogel,Hydroclimatology of the continental U.S.,Geophysical Research Letters,30(7), art.no.1363,2003.(pdf)
- Sankarasubramanian,A. and R.M.Vogel,Comment on the paper:“Basin hydrologic response relations to distributed physiographic descriptors and climate”,Journal of Hydrology,263,257-261,2002.(pdf)
- Sankarasubramanian,A. and R.M.Vogel,Annual Hydroclimatology of the United States,Water Resources Research,38(6), art.no.1083,2002.(pdf)
- Sankarasubramanian,A., R.M. Vogel, and J.F.Limbrunner,Climate elasticity of streamflow in the United States,Water Resources Research,37(6),1771-1781,2001.(pdf)
- Vogel,R.M. and A.Sankarasubramanian,Scaling Properties of Annual Streamflow in the continental United States,Journal of Hydrological Sciences,45,465-476,2000.
- Fernandez,W., R.M. Vogel, and A.Sankarasubramanian,Regional Calibration of a Watershed Model,Journal of Hydrological Sciences,45,689-707,2000.
- Sankarasubramanian,A. and K.Srinivasan,Investigation and Comparison of sampling properties of L-moments and conventional moments,J.Hydrology,218,13-34,1999.(pdf)
- Srinivasan,K. and A.Sankarasubramanian,Flood Frequency Models for Indian Catchments–A Relook,Institution of Engineers Vol.77,41-46,1996(Awarded Department of Irrigation Medal as best paper by Ministry of Water Resources,India).
- Brown,C., E. Conrad, A.Sankarasubramanian and S.Someshwar, The use of seasonal climate forecasts within a shared reservoir system: The case of Angat reservoir, Philippines,In Climate Change Adaptation in the Water Sector, eds. Ludwig et al., Earthscan, London, 274 pp.
Conference Papers and Abstracts (Selected)
- Ward,M.N.,A.Sankarasubramanian,J.Hansen, M.Indeje,and C.Mutter,To
what extent can climate information contribute to solving
- Sankarasubramanian,A. and U.Lall,Dynamic water allocation framework
for multiple uses:Utility of climate forecasts towards short-term water
management,International conference "Climate Change:A challenge or a
threat for water managment", September 27-29 2004.Amsterdam.
- Sankarasubramanian,A. and U.Lall, Operational Streamflow Forecasts
Development Using GCM Predicted Precipitation Fields, AGU Fall
Conference,San Francisco,December 12-17,2004.
- Sankarasubramanian,A., U.Lall, and A.W.Robertson, Multimodel
probabilistic hydroclimatic ensemble forecasts ensembling, AGU Spring
Conference, Montreal,May 17-21,2004.
- Sankarasubramanian,A., A.Sharma, and U.Lall, Water Allocation for
multiple uses based on probabilistic reservoir inflow
forecasts,Proceedings of the IAHS-IUGG meeting,Soppore,Japan,June 2003.
- Sankarasubrmanian,A. and U.Lall, Flood Quantiles and Climate
Variability:Seasonal forecasts and reconstruction of past flood
records,Proceedings of the EWRI- ASCE conference,Philadelphia,June 2003.
- Lall, U.,A.Sharma, A.Sankarasubramanian,and A.De Souza,From
Interannual Streamflow Forecasts to New Water Management Strategies for
Ceara,N.E.Brazil, AGU Fall Conference,San Francisco,Dec 12-16,2002.
- Sankarasubramanian,A. and R.M.Vogel, Annual Hydroclimatology of the
United States,Proceedings of the 27th Annual WRPM
Conference,ASCE,Minneapolis,Minnesota,July 30-Aug 2,2000.
- Vogel,R.M.,A.Sankarasubramanian,J.F.Limbrunner, and I.Wilson,
Comparison of Climate Elasticity of Streamflow in the United
States,Proceedings of the 26th Annual WRPM Conference,ASCE,Tempe,Arizona
- Vogel,R.M., and A.Sankarasubramanian,On the Validation of a
Watershed Model,Poster Presentation at IUGG,University of
- Sankarasubramanian, A., N.Devineni and S.Ghosh, Multi-model
Ensembling of Probabilistic Streamflow Forecasts: Role of Predictor
State Space in skill evaluation, Institute of Statistics Mimeo Series,
Art No, 2595, North Carolina State University, 2006.
- Role of Environmental Assessments and Environmental Management
Plans in enhancing the Development Effectiveness – A Review on Water and
Agriculture Projects in the South Asia Region, South Asia Social and Environmental Section,World Bank, Washington D.C., December 20, 2000.