Journal Articles(Peer reviewed),Book Chapters,Published Datasets,Conference Papers and Abstracts(Selected), Research Reports
Journal Articles (Peer reviewed)
- Wang, H., E.D. Brill, R.S. Ranjithan and A.Sankarasubramanian, A Framework for Incorporating Ecological Releases in Single Reservoir Operation, Advances in Water Resources, in press, 2015.(pdf)
- Wang, H., A. Sankarasubramanian and R.S. Ranjithan, Understanding the Low-frequency Variability in Hydroclimatic Attributes over the Southeastern US, Journal of Hydrology, 521, 170-181, 2015.(pdf)
- Li, W., A. Sankarasubramanian, R.S. Ranjithan and E.D. Brill, Improved Regional Water Management Utilizing Climate Forecasts: An Inter-basin Transfer Model with a Risk Management Framework, Water Resources Research, DOI: 10.1002/2013WR015248, 2014.(pdf)
- Sinha, T. A. Sankarasubramanian and A. Mazoorei, Decomposition of Sources of Errors in Monthly to Seasonal Streamflow Forecasts in a Rainfall-Runoff Regime, Journal of Hydrometeorology, 15, 2470-2483, 2014.(pdf)
- Oh, J., T. Sinha and A. Sankarasubramanian, The Role of Retrospective Weather Forecasts in Developing Daily Forecasts of Nutrient Loadings over the Southeast US, Hydrology and Earth Systems Sciences, 18, 2885-2898, 2014.(pdf)
- Singh, H., T. Sinha and A. Sankarasubramanian, Impacts of Near-term Climate Change and Population Growth on Within-year Reservoir Systems, Journal of Water Resources Planning and Management, 140(8), 2014.(pdf)
- Khan, M Z.H., R. Mehotra, A. Sharma and A. Sankarasubramanian, Global Sea Surface Temperature Forecasts Using an Improved Multi-model Approach, Journal of Climate, 27(10), 3505-3515, 2014.(pdf)
- Singh, H. and A. Sankarasubramanian, Systematic Uncertainty Reduction Strategies for Developing Streamflow Forecasts utilizing Multiple Climate Models and Hydrologic Models, Water Resources Research, 50(2),1288-1307, 2014.(pdf)
- Robertson, A., W.Baethgen, P.Block, U.Lall, A. Sankarasubramanian, F. A. de Souza Filho and K. Verbist, Climate Risk Management for Water in Semi-Arid Regions, Earth Perspectives, 1:12, 2014.(pdf)
- Almanaseer, N., A. Sankarasubramanian and J.Bales, Improving Groundwater Predictions utilizing Seasonal Precipitation Forecasts from GCMs forced with SST Forecasts,Journal of Hydrological Engineering, 19(1), 87-98,2014.(pdf)
- A. Sankarasubramanian, A.Wood, B. Rajagopalan and J.Schaake, AGU Chapman Conference - Seasonal to Interannual Hydroclimatic Forecasts and Water Management: Progress and Challenges,Eos Transactions of AGU, DOI: 10.1002/2014EO010004, 95(1), 2014.(pdf)
- Segura, C., D. Lazzati and A. Sankarasubramanian, The use of broken power-laws to describe the distributions of daily flow above the mean annual flow across the conterminous US, Journal of Hydrology, 505, 35-46, 2013.(pdf)
- Oludhe, C., and A. Sankarasubramanian, T. Sinha, N. Devineni and U. Lall, The Role of Multimodel Climate Forecasts in Improving Water and Energy Management over the Tana River Basin, Kenya, Journal of Applied Meteorology and Climatology,, 52(11), 2460-2475, 2013.(pdf)
- Sinha, T., and A. Sankarasubramanian, Role of Climate Forecasts and Initial Land-Surface Conditions in Developing Operational Streamflow and Soil Moisture Forecasts in a Rainfall-Runoff Regime: Skill Assessment, Hydrology and Earth System Sciences, 17, 721-733 (doi: 10.1175/JHM-D-11-0128.1), 2013.(pdf)
- Wang, H., A. Sankarasubramanian and R.S.Ranjithan, Integration of Climate and Weather Information for Improving 15-day Ahead Accumulated Precipitation Forecasts,Journal of Hydrometeorology, 14 (1), 186-202 (doi: 10.1175/JHM-D-11-0128.1), 2013.(pdf)
- Li, W., and A. Sankarasubramanian Reducing Hydrologic Model Uncertainty in Monthly Streamflow Predictions using Multimodel Combination,Water Resources Research, 48, W12516, doi:10.1029/2011WR011380, 2012.(pdf)
- Petersen, T.,N.Devineni and A. Sankarasubramanian, Seasonality of Monthly Runoff over the Continental United States: Causality and Relations to Mean Annual and Mean Monthly Distributions of Moisture and Energy,Journal of Hydrology,468-469 ,pp.139-150, 2012.(pdf)
- Oh, J., and A. Sankarasubramanian, Climate, Streamflow and Water Quality Interactions over the Southeastern US,Hydrology and Earth System Sciences, 17, 2285-2298, 2012.(pdf)
- Almanaseer, N., and A. Sankarasubramanian, Role of Climatic Variability in Influencing Interannual Groundwater Variability over Southeast US,Journal of Hydrological Engineering, 17(9), 1001-1010, 2012.(pdf)
- Liu, L., A. Sankarasubramanian, and S. Ranjithan, Logistic Regression Analysis to Estimate Contaminant Sources in Water Distribution Systems,Journal of Hydroinformatics, 13(3), 545-547, 2011.(pdf)
- Devineni, N. and A. Sankarasubramanian, Improved Categorical Winter Precipitation Forecasts through Multimodel Combinations of Coupled GCMs,Geophysical Research Letters,37, L24704, doi:10.1029/2010GL044989, 2010.(pdf)
- Devineni, N. and A. Sankarasubramanian, Improving the Prediction of Winter Precipitation and Temperature over the Continental United
States: Role of ENSO State in Developing Multimodel Combinations,Monthly Weather Review,138(6), 2447-2468, 2010.(pdf)
- Sankarasubramanian, A., U. Lall, F.D.Souza Filho, A.Sharma,Improved Water Allocation utilizing Probabilistic Climate Forecasts: Short Term Water Contracts in a Risk Management Framework,Water Resources Research, 45, W11409, doi:10.1029/2009WR007821, 2009.(pdf)
- Sankarasubramanian, A., U. Lall, N.Devineni and S. Espunevea,Utility of Operational Streamflow Forecasts in Improving within-season Reservoir Operation,Journal of Applied Climatology & Meteorology,48(7), 1464–1482, 2009.(pdf)
- Golembesky, K., A.Sankarasubramanian and N. Devineni,Improved Drought Management of Falls Lake Reservoir: Role
of Multimodel Streamflow Forecasts in Setting up Restrictions,Journal of Water Resources Planning and
Management,135(3), 188-197, 2009.(pdf)
- Choudhury, P., and A.Sankarasubramanian, River Flood Forecasting Using Complementary Muskingum Rating
Equations, Journal of Hydrologic Engineering, 14(7), 745-751,2009.(pdf)
- Vankalaya, P., A. Sankarasubramanian, S.R.Ranjithan, and G.Mahinthakumar , Contaminant Source Identification in Water Distribution Networks under the conditions of Uncertainty, Environmental Forensics , 10(3), 253-263 ,2009.(pdf)
- Devineni,N., A.Sankarasubramanian, and S.Ghosh,Multi-model Ensembling of Probabilistic Streamflow Forecasts:
Role of Predictor State Space in skill evaluation,Water Resources Research,44, W09404,
- Sankarasubramanian, A., U.Lall, and S.Espuneva, Role of Retrospective Forecasts of GCM Forced with Persisted SST anomalies in Operational Streamflow Forecasts Development,Journal of Hydrometeorology,9(2), 212-227, 2008.(pdf)
- Broad, K., A.Pfaff, R.Taddei, A.Sankarasubramanian and U.Lall,Climate, Streamflow Prediction and Water Management in North East Brazil,Climatic Change, DOI 10.1007/s10584-007-9257-0, 2007.(pdf)
- Matalas,N.C.,and A.Sankarasubramanian,Effect of Persistence on Trend Detection via Regression,Water Resources Research,39(12),art.no.1342,2003.(pdf)
- Vogel,R.M.,and A.Sankarasubramanian,The Validation of a Watershed Model without Calibration,Water Resources Research,39(10),art.no.1292,2003.(pdf)
- Sankarasubramanian,A.and U.Lall,Flood Quantiles and Changing Climate:Seasonal forecasts and causal relations,Water Resources Research,39(5),art.no.1134,2003.(pdf)
- Sankarasubramanian,A. and R.M.Vogel,Hydroclimatology of the continental U.S.,Geophysical Research Letters,30(7), art.no.1363,2003.(pdf)
- Sankarasubramanian,A. and R.M.Vogel,Comment on the paper:“Basin hydrologic response relations to distributed physiographic descriptors and climate”,Journal of Hydrology,263,257-261,2002.(pdf)
- Sankarasubramanian,A. and R.M.Vogel,Annual Hydroclimatology of the United States,Water Resources Research,38(6), art.no.1083,2002.(pdf)
- Sankarasubramanian,A., R.M. Vogel, and J.F.Limbrunner,Climate elasticity of streamflow in the United States,Water Resources Research,37(6),1771-1781,2001.(pdf)
- Vogel,R.M. and A.Sankarasubramanian,Scaling Properties of Annual Streamflow in the continental United States,Journal of Hydrological Sciences,45,465-476,2000.
- Fernandez,W., R.M. Vogel, and A.Sankarasubramanian,Regional Calibration of a Watershed Model,Journal of Hydrological Sciences,45,689-707,2000.
- Sankarasubramanian,A. and K.Srinivasan,Investigation and Comparison of sampling properties of L-moments and conventional moments,J.Hydrology,218,13-34,1999.(pdf)
- Srinivasan,K. and A.Sankarasubramanian,Flood Frequency Models for Indian Catchments–A Relook,Institution of Engineers Vol.77,41-46,1996(Awarded Department of Irrigation Medal as best paper by Ministry of Water Resources,India).
- Brown,C., E. Conrad, A.Sankarasubramanian and S.Someshwar, The use of seasonal climate forecasts within a shared reservoir system: The case of Angat reservoir, Philippines,In Climate Change Adaptation in the Water Sector, eds. Ludwig et al., Earthscan, London, 274 pp.
Conference Papers and Abstracts (Selected)
- Ward,M.N.,A.Sankarasubramanian,J.Hansen, M.Indeje,and C.Mutter,To
what extent can climate information contribute to solving
- Sankarasubramanian,A. and U.Lall,Dynamic water allocation framework
for multiple uses:Utility of climate forecasts towards short-term water
management,International conference "Climate Change:A challenge or a
threat for water managment", September 27-29 2004.Amsterdam.
- Sankarasubramanian,A. and U.Lall, Operational Streamflow Forecasts
Development Using GCM Predicted Precipitation Fields, AGU Fall
Conference,San Francisco,December 12-17,2004.
- Sankarasubramanian,A., U.Lall, and A.W.Robertson, Multimodel
probabilistic hydroclimatic ensemble forecasts ensembling, AGU Spring
Conference, Montreal,May 17-21,2004.
- Sankarasubramanian,A., A.Sharma, and U.Lall, Water Allocation for
multiple uses based on probabilistic reservoir inflow
forecasts,Proceedings of the IAHS-IUGG meeting,Soppore,Japan,June 2003.
- Sankarasubrmanian,A. and U.Lall, Flood Quantiles and Climate
Variability:Seasonal forecasts and reconstruction of past flood
records,Proceedings of the EWRI- ASCE conference,Philadelphia,June 2003.
- Lall, U.,A.Sharma, A.Sankarasubramanian,and A.De Souza,From
Interannual Streamflow Forecasts to New Water Management Strategies for
Ceara,N.E.Brazil, AGU Fall Conference,San Francisco,Dec 12-16,2002.
- Sankarasubramanian,A. and R.M.Vogel, Annual Hydroclimatology of the
United States,Proceedings of the 27th Annual WRPM
Conference,ASCE,Minneapolis,Minnesota,July 30-Aug 2,2000.
- Vogel,R.M.,A.Sankarasubramanian,J.F.Limbrunner, and I.Wilson,
Comparison of Climate Elasticity of Streamflow in the United
States,Proceedings of the 26th Annual WRPM Conference,ASCE,Tempe,Arizona
- Vogel,R.M., and A.Sankarasubramanian,On the Validation of a
Watershed Model,Poster Presentation at IUGG,University of
- Sankarasubramanian, A., N.Devineni and S.Ghosh, Multi-model
Ensembling of Probabilistic Streamflow Forecasts: Role of Predictor
State Space in skill evaluation, Institute of Statistics Mimeo Series,
Art No, 2595, North Carolina State University, 2006.
- Role of Environmental Assessments and Environmental Management
Plans in enhancing the Development Effectiveness – A Review on Water and
Agriculture Projects in the South Asia Region, South Asia Social and Environmental Section,World Bank, Washington D.C., December 20, 2000.